Monday, May 8, 2017

Elder Montero se va!!!

Week 42 (May 1, 2017)

HEY YA´LL its been a trunky week. Haha.
Anyways as you know my good friend and comp Elder Montero went home this week because he has completed 2 years of service to the Lord. 


He was the best. Love him so much. 

We had our Noche Blanca this week and it was a big success, 12 people got baptized and confirmed. 



We spent this whole week saying goodbye to people, we didn´t do a whole lot. Although we did find one family who is awesome!!! The wife, Andrea is a less active member, and the rest of her family aren´t members. Andrea wants to get sealed in the temple with her husband (yes they are married) but she has to come back to church first, and her husband has to obviously get baptized too. We are going to be working a lot with them this week so they can reach the temple. 
I think a lot of missionaries and members don´t understand that our goal as missionaries is not baptism. Yes, that is vital to our work, and without it we could not reach our ultimate goal which is a temple sealing. (Congrats to my older brother Ethan who got sealed to his week last week!) As missionaries, we walk around all day every day trying to find people who will listen to our amazing message. It's hard work. It is not easy. But it is the most rewarding thing that we can do. SHARE THE GOSPEL!! It rules. 



This week I was Reading a neat Little book that my parents sent me. It has a bunch of doctrine that helps us know that our church is the true one. And we can use this stuff to help them see the fault in their church. Haha that sounds bad but its true. Anyways. I'm trying lately to understand what is the meaning of repentance? And what is it for? 
We all think that repentance is paying back Christ for Him paying for us. But that's not how it Works. Christ paid everything for us. We are clean through him completely. But as we all know some of us are afraid to repent. Because we don´t understand it. Do not think that we don´t have to do anything to gain the kingdom of God because there is a lot to do. But I wouldn´t use the Word gain here, I would use ¨want¨. Because Christ paid for us, we will be resurrected, and we will go back to God (for the final judgment). But the only thing determined by our repentance and obedience is what kind of body we want and how long we will want to stay there. Because if we are not used to holy things, why would we even want them in the next life? There are missionaries who think they can change their lives right before they come. But I´ve seen this, how long do these missionaries last? Not very long before they are saying to their President, ¨President I can´t be here, It's time for me to go home.¨ So you guys repentance´s purpose is to change us. Not to pay Christ back. If we do not follow the steps of repentance we will not even want to go back to him. 
¨Jesus I can´t be here, it's time for me to go where I can be comfortable.¨ 

I love you all so much! Cuidense!!! 

Elder Haws! 


No comments:

Post a Comment