Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Secret Life of Elder Haws (July 27, 2016)


Week 2

WAAZZUP.

We wake up at 6:30, we sit in classes all day. We eat immense amounts of food, and we laugh all day long about the dumbest things. Life is fantastic. We literally do the same thing everyday. So I'm just gonna tell stories in this edition of “The Secret Life of Elder Haws”.

We teach the latinos how to say phrases in English. This week we taught one of them, Elder Sanchez, how to say “I am going to sleep!” Latinos can’t exactly say their “s”, and they just don’t know English. So literally every night at 10:29 he walks over to our room and yells this, “Gringos!! I am goto leep!!” So now we all just yell at each other, “I am goto leep!!” It’s a wonderful life here in the CCM.

The running joke is to make fun of Elder Bever, my companion, so anytime something bad happens we just blame it on Elder Bever. It’s great. Every SINGLE DAY we play futbol. And we play against the Latinos. We call it gringos vs. latino time. Funny thing is we win everyday. It’s hilarious because the natives think they're so good at it. But they just…. Suck….. lol. They’re so Bever.

I’m actually like 75% certain that 100% of Latinos are racists. Every day this past week we’ve noticed something irritating. Every day for lunch we are mixed with the native missionaries, and we all come in as groups. We’ve noticed that all the natives get cake, and for some reason we don’t. So we’ve been experimenting. We let a district of Latinos go in front of us at dinner, and they got the cake. So we all start going. But…. No cake… they “ran out”. We all sit down, and the next group of Latinos come in. And the cake comes back out. This continued for several days. And we didn’t know what to do. So one day I decided enough was enough, and I walked up there and grabbed a piece of cake. Little did I know that our entire zone of gringos was watching me, and as soon as I grabbed the plate, the cafeteria erupted into cheers. It was hilarious because the Food ladies looked so guilty. I love myself.

One night this week, I was listening to my Christian rock and my latino friend Elder Sanchez walks in. Takes my speaker and plugs his music in. It wasn’t good. Lol. Little by little latinos filed into our room to listen to this crappy music. Idk why. But it was quite the spectacle to see a bunch of tone deaf latinos listening to crappy music.
Now for the spiritual part of my email.

We listened to a talk by Elder Bednar on Sunday, called “be good boys, and good girls.” The first thing he talked about was “how can I know when it’s the spirit talking to me, and not just myself?” His answer is fantastic.

QUIT WORRYING ABOUT IT. When have you ever known in the moment of a feeling that it was actually a spiritual prompting? When you really think about it, you never really know. When we sit down and wait for promptings to come, is when we stop progressing. Get on your feet, walk and the spirit will guide your steps. The spirit won’t move an unwilling object. When Joseph Smith walked into the forest to ask a simple question, did he know that he was going to talk with God and Jesus Christ? No of course not. Get up, walk, have faith, and be guided.

Love you all immensely. Get up and have faith.


Elder Haws




No comments:

Post a Comment