Thursday, March 30, 2017

Hey All You People

Week 36 (March 20, 2017)

First things first. I want to say happy anniversary to my wonderful parents. How long have you guys been married now?

I have to be honest..... This week we didn't do anything! Mostly because I've had a bacterial infection all week. Woot. 

Yesterday I was tired of being in bed that I told my comp, "Nope, we are going out and working today." Great idea.  No, it seriously was.  I'm not magically healed or anything, but yesterday I found out what if meant to give the Lord everything you've got and then collapse at the end of the day.  Literally, collapse.  So then we went to the doctor lol.  They gave me some pills, and said "take it easy and you'll be fine in a few days."

Since I don't have any stories this week, I'll share some revelations.  You get those when you're in bed listening to talks or reading the BoM.

1. "God loves you more than you know."  
This week I've felt pretty useless.  Being unable to work, your mind wanders and satan tends to make his way in.  You get down because he reminds you of who you've been, not your potential.  He tells you that God doesn't really love you, that he's not really listening to your prayers. He tells you that you are wasting time.  I started to listen to these temptations, but thank goodness for Jeffrey R. Holland because in that moment I started listening to a different source.  

"The first great commandment of all eternity is that we love God with all our heart, might, mind and strength.  But the first great truth of all eternity is that God loves us with all of his heart, might, mind and strength".

God loves us so much! He will never abandon us.  He never has, and He never will.

2. "We are the products of our own beliefs."  
We all have our own personal beliefs.  Whether they be religious, cultural, personal or political they don't mean anything if they don't influence the way you live.  When you make decisions every day, is your conscience there? Do you know what it is you believe? If not, you should try to write them down :)

3. "You are better than wickedness."  I was reading in 1 Nephi 8 in Lehi's dream, which we all know.  But a verse that I didn't notice before stood out like a sore thumb.  Verse 33 says:  "And great was the multitude that did enter into that strange building. and after they did enter into that building they did point the finger of scorn at me and those that were partaking of the fruit also, But we heeded them not."

In my life before, I've been quick to heed the calls of the world.  Those of you who have been through high school know what that is like, but those who are still in it can't really see it.  But this past week I realized how much I want the things of God than what the world has to offer because the things of God last forever.  The world will not.  Our goal should be that last phrase of the scripture so in the last day we can say; "we heeded them not."

Don't listen to sinners.  They don't know anything. 

Y'all are wonderful! Hope life is good and you don't have bacterial infections! See you next week!

Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment