Friday, March 24, 2017

The cure for Cancer, Israelite prophets, and a trip to Machu Picchu



Week 35 (March 14, 2017)

Hey everyone. This week has been the craziest week ever. 

I´ll just tell a few stories for this email. 

This week I was divisions with my good pal Elder Skousen. When we got a call from one of the sisters in our zone who had an investigator who needed a blessing the next day at 4, so we said yes obviously. We got to the small store that they were in and the scene was just sad. The sisters were somber, and the woman who needed the blessing, quiet. We asked what was going on. They told us that the lady had gone to the doctor yesterday, and they discovered a series of tumors in her chest. Cancerous tumors. So kind of having a freak attack elder Skousen and I decided that I would give the blessing. I gave it, they thanked us and we left. I didn´t say anything special in the blessing. I did the best that I could and hoped that the Lord found me worthy to do so. 

The next day I found out that she had gone back to the doctor, and got another test done. Only to find that none of the tumors were cancerous. She was completely cancer free. Like it was never even there.  
Wow.  The Priesthood works guys. 

This next one is just a funny one, and kind of short. But this week I had the opportunity to teach a man named Pedro. Pedro has been attending the church for about 15 years, he´s not baptized, and he dresses like he is from Israel, even though he is Peruvian. We went to teach him. Only to find out that he has the bible memorized, he has no interest in the church, he only attends because he wants to take the Priesthood over to his church (we speculate) and he wants to combine the LDS church and the Israelites. Freak man.  He also has a pet goose which is more of a demon than a goose.
So we went and taught this man. It was the most frustrating thing in the world. Because it turns out that they prepared a sermon for us. We tried so hard to teach them. It was hard. And we found out that Pedro is like their prophet here in Peru. Soooooo that was exciting. We tried to teach the restoration to him. But he kept bring up how there is so much sadness and poverty and bad things in the world. (He was trying to get to his point of joining the churches together there.) That's Pedro.





We also had a baptism this week! Its jorge the guy who we had to pass to another ward because he lived out of my ward! Yeah he got married and baptized on the same day. 

I also got to go to Machu Picchu. That was the coolest thing that I´ve ever done. 

I love you all so much! Sorry this email is late, I went to Machu Picchu on P´day, which is 5 hours away from Cusco. No habia tiempo. 










No comments:

Post a Comment