Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Another week, another nuevo sole


Week 39, (April 10, 2017)

This week was good! I had the opportunity to go on splits with some of the missionaries in my zone. They are problem missionaries and we have been worried about them for a little. Part of my job as a zone leader is to help them in any way I can. But unfortunately, sometimes we can't help everyone. It's sad to see elders of the church of God not put themselves into something they chose to do. 

I´ll tell you about one experience I had that was pretty cool this week. 

So on Friday, I was on divisions but we were in my sector. I had the feeling to go up and work on the mountain that day but I didn't know why because we have only about 3 investigators up there. But like Elder Rasband said in conference, ¨Act on the first prompting¨ so, we called the other people and rescheduled our appointments. So we got on the bus and went up the mountain. Without any success happening, I was soooo confused as to why I received that prompting. I doubted it. And part of me was saying to go back down. But I still felt like we needed to be up there. Interestingly enough I had the feeling to go visit a reference that we couldn't find weeks before on the other side of the mountain. So we went over there. I had no idea why we went because I didn't know the references name or their address. I was so confused as to why I was going there. We got to the part to climb up to the pueblo and we saw a family, carrying a large amount of soda to their little store up this mountainside. So we went and helped them out and carried their soda for them. They were so grateful and were willing to listen to us. They gave us bottled water, and we taught them a little bit about the restoration. The Dad told us that they had been going through a really rough time as a family. He told us his prayers to God have been pleading for help to know what to do. So you can imagine my thoughts in that moment. What a testimony builder of not only listening to the spirit but of listening to the counsel of the prophets.  I love mission life. And living in Cusco. 

I have been learning so much here. Things I never dreamed I would know, I know how to give blessings to people in Spanish, I know how to teach people in Spanish. But that the fact that I'm becoming a teacher of the gospel just blows my mind. 

This week my testimony has grown that God can make so much more of us than we ever could. We are nothing. But He, the almighty, made us from the dust of the earth, so that one day, we could be as he is. He loves us. He has done everything for us. And so has His son Jesus Christ. The more I learn, the more I work every day, the more I feel capable. The more I keep His commandments, the more liberated I feel, to make my own decisions. Because I know and have confidence that I can choose his will. 

Love you all so much. Have a great week(: 










No comments:

Post a Comment