Monday, April 10, 2017

It was a good week...CONFERENCE

Week 38 (April 3, 2017)

Hello, family and friends.  I hope you're wonderful wherever you are and whatever you're doing.  This week was a good week.  We didn't get a lot of work done, but I got a lot of spiritual progress done, Personally.  So this letter will be personal, but for everyone.

We started with our leadership conference on Tuesday, in which I fell asleep once, lol.  No worries it was only when the assistants were talking.  Joking.  Don't take things so seriously.  President Herrera talked to us about the mission and what we could do better and how we could get there.  But in the end, he talked to us about our potential.  Not just as missionaries, but as children of God.  WE CAN BECOME AMAZING. But we have to let the Lord stretch us to find that amazing potential.  For us, amazing things are in store.  We need to be willing to receive it.  We have the potential to become as God is now.
Wednesday and Thursday were filled with office work and planning.
Friday we gave our zone training.  We talked to our zone about what it means to be missionaries.  We shared with them a lot of scriptures about how we can be like Jesus Christ.  It was a good time. BUT THE BEST TIME OF THE WEEK WAS CONFERENCE :)

I always have love general conference (well not always) I'm such a big fan of listening to God's prophets speak.  I was so pumped for this conference that it was pretty much like Christmas for me.  (Yes is was in English).  I was so hyped because there is always one talk that stands out fro the rest and I was excited to see which one it would be.  Saturday passed and I hadn't heard "the talk" yet. So I said to myself "it's fine, Sunday is the best day anyway".  And then Sunday came and Sunday went and I hadn't been brought to tears by any of the talks.  None of them dazzled my ears.  I was somewhat disappointed.  Frankly, I was kind of upset.

On the bus ride home I was put to think because that is what you do on public transportation and it was as if I heard my own voice telling me the following statement. "it's not about what you heard, it's about what you felt."

WOW...I was so lost in listening with my ears that I didn't even pay attention with my heart. So in that moment, I prayed. I told my Father in Heaven I was sorry, and that I didn't listen to my heart.  Then suddenly the sweetest feeling of joy, peace, and knowledge washed over me. I knew that His prophets had spoken and that He was proud that I did my best to listen to them.  I opened my heart and all at once my heart was full....

Chandler's computer crashed in the cybercafe, so we were not able to receive the third page of his letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment