Tuesday, October 18, 2016

It's really really rainy


Week 13

Howdy ya´ll I hope everything is crackalackin like never before in the states with Hilarry and Donald. People are obssessed with them here and I can´t understand why. I´ve had people try and lecture me about my own country. 

So it´s been raining quite a bit. Last night we had quite the storm while my comp and I were walking to an appointment we had on the other side of our sector. We´re walking and it started to sprinkle, and then in started to drizzle, and then... It was like heaven was taking a shower. Holy crap. Within minutes the streets flooded, my shoes were flooded, and I was sopping wet. It was amazing. I love the rain. Lightning is also a very prominent thing here. And the thunder is very loud. Very loud...

List of weird things I ate this week:
- Chicken feet (again)
- Tongue
- A deep fried fish. (head and all) 

As many of you know, I am a drummer, and since being gone, I haven´t been able to play the drums for about 3 months now. Well this week the drought ended and I found a drum kit to play. And oh my goodness how I have missed it. 





This week was an interesting one that´s for sure, but what week isn´t interesting here? The people we teach are humble, some houses we enter are basically mud, with not a lot inside. Others are just humble, and the families are too. People are nice, people are rude, people accept our message and a lot of the time they don´t. If I could sum up this mission so far, it´s learning. Not a day goes by where I´m not challenged in some way. And not a day goes by without some kind of experience.  I´ve seen so many amazing things here.  One of the amazing things I´ve seen, though, is how people change. People have changed their lives to follow Jesus Christ here. Not because of me. Not because Im white. Not because they don´t have anything better to do. Because they love the Savior. Because they have realized he´s been there all along.   If you haven´t realized this yet, please do. Please just take the time to look around and see Him. He´s in every thing you do. He loves you. And he´s waiting to embrace you with open arms and welcome hands. 

I love you all and I pray for you. Keep living and breathing and loving(: 




No comments:

Post a Comment