Thursday, December 22, 2016

No more less actives?

Week 22 (December 12, 2016)

Hey everybody hows it going?! Hope its going great for you Riverton people with Silver Rush happening and all. I miss that time of year! 

This week has been a little crazy and full of rejections! But that's kind of just how it goes in the mission! 

Tuesday we had our zone conference. And we had a bombshell dropped on us. The area 70 here doesn't think the members are doing enough. So, there's a huge emphasis being put on home teaching. One of the movements happening is that us as missionaries aren´t going to visiting less actives anymore. Its not a goal for us anymore. When the zone leaders told us this we were kind of shocked, the members have a lot more responsibility now. 
 
So. We lost about half the people we have been teaching. And we went out searching for more investigators. And I can tell now that it has not been easy. A lot doors slammed in our faces, a lot of ¨interested¨ people who give us fake addresses and phone numbers. And we haven't had anyone to talk to.
 
So why am I just giving a really sad email with no success involved? Because that's the truth. Friday we had our multizone conference with all the missionaries from Sicuani (6 hours from Puno), Juliaca (1 hour from Puno), and Bellavista (0 hours from Puno). It was incredible. Elder Godoy, the president of the area 70 came and spoke to us. He's from Brasil. He speaks three languages including English, and he loves cars. Like all the other General authorities of the church we got to shake his hand and tell him where we are from. That's it. But he taught us some cool stuff. But that's not what I'm trying to get to. 

After the conference was over we went into the other side of the chapel and we waited for our dinner to come. While we waited I talked with some of my friends in the mission, when the AP elder came up to me and told me, ¨Hey Elder Haws, Elder Godoy wants to talk with you.¨ 
¨.... What..?¨ That was my response. Why would the President of the area ask for my name specifically out of 100 missionaries there? 

Well, I can tell you right now that God knew I needed that interview. I don´t know how Elder Godoy knew my name, But I know God does, and God knew I needed a little encouragement. 

The reality is that the mission is hard. But every once in a while you´ll see a little miracle. And you´ll just know that you're there for something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment