Thursday, December 15, 2016

Rain is Real

Week 21 (December 5, 2016)

Hello everybody how is it going???? This week has honestly been just a big blur, I'm starting to lose track of time which I think is a good thing!! I only have a few experiences this week that were awesome, one kinda funny, and the other really spiritual. It's also been raining every single day this week without fail. Which has been super duper. 

Me and my comp were walking down the street to go to a lesson when this drunk guy came walking up behind us (I have no idea how, because we always walk extremely fast as missionaries.) anyways this guy came up behind me and put his arm on my shoulder, which was funny because I'm about 5 inches taller than the average Peruvian, but his breath as you know was horrible. He had some nasty crap on his face, I couldn't figure out what it was. But it looked like poop. Anyways I start talking to this guy and he tells me, ¨Its a good thing that we have repentance because I need it.¨ (Say that in a drunk voice, its funny) I told him that we were missionaries and our job was to help others repent and come unto to Christ when at that point he stopped walking, and we looked at each other in the eyes for about a good 5 minutes. Super awkward. I then asked him where he lived, and He very cheerfully said ¨The bar¨ and trotted off like nothing ever happened. I love drunk people. 
This was a cool experience, 

When my old comp left, he left me with nobody to teach, so we´ve been going like crazy finding people to teach. This week we knocked the door of an evangelist. But she was actually very willing to listen to us, so we set an appointment to teach for Saturday. Not really knowing where the lesson was going to go we went on Saturday and we taught. We taught with authority. I felt super strongly that I needed to tell her about Joseph Smith. So I started with how Jesus Christ started his church, but it fell away because the people rejected it. And killed Christ and his apostles over time. When I got to where Joseph Smith had the first vision the spirit flooded the room. The lady started to sweat, and she looked really nervous like she had never felt something like this before. We asked her to pray to see if the things we said were true, and she said she would. We hope that she will. Because I know she felt something. And she knows it too. 

We have had a lot of things happen to us this week. From being completely rained out to where no one wanted anything to do with us, to people stopping us on the street asking for blessings, asking to come closer to Christ. And even teaching people who want nothing to do with you, but are too nice to say otherwise. 

It's really cool out here. I miss you all. See you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment