Monday, February 27, 2017

I Didn't Know It Was Valentine's Day

Week 32  (February 20, 2017)



CCM Friends
Well, it took going on a mission to get away from Valentines Day. Lol.  I had no idea until today.  Woohoo, that's a great thing :)

This week was sweet.  Last Sunday (not yesterday) a guy came to church.  No one had any idea who he was so we talked to him and set an appointment to teach.  To our surprise, his girlfriend was there and she is a less active member.  She told him about the church and he decided to go.  They have a wedding date already set and he is going to get baptized on the very same day.  His name is Jorge Apriza and he was our little miracle this week.  

On Tuesday we had our leadership conference.  All the zone leaders came to Cusco and we helped resolve problems in the mission and we received training from Presidente Herrera and a man from California named Brother Packard.  Brother Packard was a mission president in Chile in the 90's and he is awesome! He got his mission to go from 5-10 baptisms to 60-70 every month and he taught us how to do it.  I won't write it right now, but if you want to know let me know.  He taught the significance of wearing the name of Christ on our chests.  It has impacted me a lot.  When Christ ordained his apostles, he gave them power to cast out devils, to heal the sick and perform miracles. (Luke 9:1-2) But the Book of Mormon helps us understand that they did it in His name.  (3 Nephi 7:19-20)  With just two words and this authority, as missionaries, we can do this.  Use the name of the person who has created us all, and saved us all and do as he did.  The two most powerful words in the universe, we use, wear and represent.  How amazing is that?

My new sector is poor.  This week we visited a family, they had nothing. They didn't even have a floor, it was completely dirt.  Their lights went out two weeks ago and they can't afford to get them back on.  If you guys could see what I have seen..... Idk where I was going with that, but we are so blessed to have what we have.  

Our investigator Pierina is getting baptized.  She passed her interview on Saturday and she is so flipping ready.  Elder Montero told me that she was very difficult when I got here too but now she's getting baptized!!

It still amazes me how every day can be so different.  We live the same schedule and do the same stuff, but we get different results. 

I feel like I write the same stuff every week.  Sorry about that.  I'm running out of material.  Anyways, love you all so much, see ya later!

Elder Haws

D&C 63: 7-10

p.s.  Ya'll know Jake Skousen right?  Well, he's in my zone.  We talked about Ian, Elder Skousen loves him!  But yeah, I'm his zone leader.  He's a good kid.  

(Elder Skousen is from cousin Ian Myers ward in Draper)



No comments:

Post a Comment