Monday, February 13, 2017

Transfers!





Week 30 (February 6, 2017)

Well, another week has gone by and it was my last week in Puno! That's right, I'm leaving Puno Central after 6 months and I'm going to Cusco! But, I'm also going to be a zone leader.  Soooo.... that's a new adventure for sure.  I'm really nervous for that, but if it's what the Lord sees as necessary, then sweet. Lol.

Basically, this week my comp went to Cusco to sign his papers to live here and stuff so I was forced to go work in another sector.  This week we got 2 more baptismal dates.  Right now everyone in Puno is participating in a huge party, dancing, cultural, religious thing they call the Candelaria.  It's ridiculous because everyone just drinks and stuff.  So, today we are locked up in the church and we can't leave that's how bad it is.  Woohoo.

The coolest thing happened though this week.  On Monday right after we got off email, I got a call from one of our investigators named Jose.  He told me that he wanted to get baptized this week.  Crazy Cool.  But I was kind of freaking out because he hadn't had all of the lessons to that point.  So the next day we had to teach him all of the commandments and have his baptismal interview.  He passed it all and got baptized Sunday (yesterday).  We had 2 baptisms on Sunday, one was Jose and the other was Jorge, a little boy we have been teaching.  He is crazy and the best.  He looks like he's five but I promise that he's 8.

Basically every day we do the same thing.  Wake up, study, proselytize, have meetings and go to bed.  Then do it all again the next day!  It's awesome, you get people who will listen to you and other people who will slam the door in your face.  It's great.  The most rewarding thing that we do as missionaries is teach and know that we are making a difference in someone else's life.  That were helping them discover who they are as children of God.  What an amazing feeling.  It can be hard, but all the hard is so worth it. 

That's life here! I love you all so much, and I'll talk to you next week! 

Elder Haws




No comments:

Post a Comment