Friday, November 4, 2016

A week of ... I don't even know

Week 16 (October 31, 2016)


Wykees ("brother" in Quechua)


So this week was INTERESTING. 

First off I want to testify of Priesthood power and the reality of it. This week we´ve had some pretty interesting things happening at our house. One night while Elder Fawcett(one of the missionaries I live with) was showering and he thought he heard someone calling his name. So when he got out he asked me if I was doing it, but it wasn´t me or his companion or anyone in the house. None of us heard it. The next night I was sleeping and for some reason I woke up in the middle of the night. But I heard one of our windows opening and shutting, so I went to check it out. To my surprise I walked out to a window opening and shutting by itself. The next night us Elders decided to talk to the lady we lived with about it. And we found out that she is in possession of a whuigi board (or however you spell it.) So in a panic Elder Fawcitt and I offered a Priesthood blessing on the house. We have not had a problem since then. The Priesthood is very real. 

Apart from that this week has been really calm. Nothing big has happened other than President is raising our standard of missionary work a ton. We have a lot of work to do here. 

One thing I was studying a lot this week was this past general conference! What an amazing conference. One talk that really stands out to me is President Uchtdorf in his Saturday morning talk. He talks about the sweet message of the Gospel. And how some may have started to take it for granted. Do we take this message for granted? Do we truly show gratitude every week by taking the sacrement worthily? And truly trying to move forward and progress? Listen to the talk! Its amazing. 

Another talk I loved was Neil L. Anderson´s talk. He talked about missionary work. And how it is no longer only on our (the missionaries) shoulders. It is everyone´s responsiblity now. One thing thats different here than back at home is the member´s invovlement with the missionaries. Oh how I wish it was like that at home. The people here live what they belive. They make every effort to go with the missionaries, to share the gospel, to be an example of the believers. 
If you are a part of this gospel, share it. If not, I challenge you to listen to those who carry it in the lives. Read the Book of Mormon! 

You are all amazing!! I love you all. 

We got to go to the floating islands of Puno today! (Los Uros) I´ll be sending some pictures! 
I bought a Five Guy's hat

Four gringos in a mirror

I'm the captain now

Los Uros (well...one island)

Spirit animals

Jump around

No comments:

Post a Comment