Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Hey EVereeeerrryyyybody. I've been here 17 weeks (November 7, 2016)

McDonalds in Cusco

Week 17

Hey everyone how´s is hanging?? 

This week was... weird! I got to travel back to Lima this week! It was great! 

Wednesday: We drove from Puno to Cusco which is 8 hours by bus. I met up with my friends from the CCM and we went and got McDonalds. Oh it was incredible. 

Thursday: We flew to Lima, got our Peruvian I.D´s, waited in the airport for 4 hours, ate Papa Johns, and Flew back to Cusco. We got to sleep extra because we were dead tired. 

Friday: Drove back to Puno. 

Yeah that was my little vacation this week! Sweet right? 

Anyways there isn´t a lot to talk about this week because not a lot happened. Like at all....

But I do wanna share something that happened during my personal study one day this week. I was listening to General Conference again and there was a talk by I think K. Brett Nattriss. That is an incredible talk. If you ever feel useless or worthless. Listen to this talk. 

He was telling a story about his childhood and how he was the bad child in the family. One morning, as always, his mom was reading to him parts of the Book of Mormon while he was eating. But as always, he wasn´t paying attention.

He had had enough, and burst out, ¨Why are you doing this to us?! Why do you read to us the Book of Mormon every morning.¨ And after this he uttered a phrase he was embarrassed to admit. ¨Mom. Im not listening.¨ 
His mom then responded, ¨Son, I was promised that if I read the Book of Mormon to my kids every morning. And if I would teach them the principles of the gospel. That they would grow up strong, and that I would not lose them. AND I WILL NOT LOSE YOU.¨ 

This phrase, ¨I will not lose you¨, hit my heart so hard. I not only could hear the voice of a servant of God saying this. But I felt God himself saying it. It hit me so hard that I started to cry. 
Heavenly Father´s goal is not for us to get lost, and for us to suffer and to bleed. Is that part of His plan? Yes! But His ultimate goal is for us to get back to His presence. 
HE WILL NOT LOSE YOU. 

I love you all so much and hope all is well back in the USA (: 

Bye!!


No comments:

Post a Comment