Monday, January 9, 2017

A Lot Of Weird Things

Week 25 (January 2, 2017)

Like the header says, a lot of weird things happened this week. It started off normal. We were excited for the new week to start, so we headed out on tuesday morning to visit. But no matter what we did, no one was home, It was basically a ghost town this week. Wednesday was the exact same, although we did visit one of the converts in our ward and he told us that he wants to prepare for the mission! So that was awesome. We are working with him a lot now. 

Thursday I was in bed just absolutely sick as a dog, So I watched church movies all day. What a day it was. ): But something freaky did happen that day, Elder Fawcett was sick too, so we had our comps leave and work while we stayed helpless at home. Elder Fawcett during the night before had told me that he saw someone in the bathroom mirror while we were sleeping, and he started to scream and he woke us all up, and he wouldn`t tell us what happened, he told us it was a dream. But I felt something was up, anyways during the day Elder Fawcett got up to walk around and get a drink. But while I was just chilling my bed I heard Elder Fawcett yell, ¨You cannot be here, In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to leave.¨ I`ve never had a phrase hit me in the very core like that one did. Elder Fawcett came running in the room and told me, ¨He was outside the house Elder Haws, and he talked to me.¨ I wont say what the spirit told him, but it was not good. So we knelt down in the middle of the house, and we said a prayer. During the prayer I felt the love of God, I knew we would be ok, and that nothing was going to bother us anymore. That was a cool moment! 
  
Thursday we got to do the same things we`ve done everyother day this week, walk around all day, have a few contacts, and no one was home at all. So I decided to take up learning some Aymarah. (One of the languages they have here.) Its super weird. My goal is to be able to speak enough to carry on a conversation.

On Friday we did Divisions with the Zone leaders, I went over to their sector with Elder Melo and Elder Wimmer came over to mine with Elder Caal, And basically the same thing happened, no one was home. But what a day. A dog was following us around all day long, and wouldn`t leave us alone, eventually we had to go to a part of the sector where the dogs were really bad and we were worried for the dog that was following us around, because he was a nice dog and was our friend lol. But we decided to take the risk and go with him. (if youre a dog, Puno is a very dangerous place to live.) So we got up to the door of the person we were gonna visit, and three massive dogs came out from around the corner. We thought, ¨Oh crap, we are screwed. ¨ The three dogs started to walk forward, and the little dog cowarded behind us in terror. Then the dogs sprang forward but didnt go for us, they went for the poor dog behind us, and started attacking it and biting it. The poor thing was wailing. So we started pelting rocks at the bully dogs. and they ran away. Our friend was alright, just a little dramatized. When the people answered the door we knew couldn`t leave our friend alone, so we had the lesson outside and protected him. It was super funny. 

Divisions ended and during the day before Elder Caal had gotten a golden contact, well the guy actually contacted them. I was so excited to go and visit this dude, and that night we had an appointment with him. We got there, and I met him! His name is Enrique, the past 10 years of his life have been very hard. His wife left him, his kid died, his business failed, and health went downhill. So he started looking for God. He told us that he didn`t believe in God before, but after all the bad stuff happened he wanted to know if there was a reason for it.
HOLY CRAP. 

Lesson 2, The Plan of Salvation.
Enrique was so overjoyed to hear this news, that he almost cried of pure happiness. This man was prepared. This man is an elect son of God. Im so grateful that God sees it fit for me to have these. 

Then on New Years, nothing happened at all, except the town was absolutely lit up with fireworks at 12:00. It scared us half to death, we didn`t expect it at all. 

2017 better be a good one. 

Love you guys so much(: I`ll see you next week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment