Monday, January 9, 2017

This week I turn 6 months



Week 26 (January 9, 2017)

Well 6 months youre already here. In these past 6 months in Puno, Peru I've seen more things than I`ve seen in my whole lifetime. I`ve had my testimony, my patience, and my faith challenged a ton. I`ve met people I will never forget. And I still so much to do here still. 






This past week was kind of a boring week soooo.. sorry haha. On Tuesday we taught a lesson to a man. But what was different about this man is that he is a return missionary but has since then fallen away from the church. He has turned to alcohol and not the gospel of Christ. We have visited him a couple of times, and he was fine, he wanted to change and come back to church. But this time was a little different. We got to the door and his mom answered the door (nonmember) and she got really nervous and told us that they were busy. But the from the back of the house we heard a really drunken voice yell, ¨Is it the brothers?!¨ And before we knew it, Ronald( that's his name) was at the door. He told us to come in. And he told that we were his best friends. But of course we don't know if he meant it because of how plastered he was. We started the lesson, without knowing what to do, the spirit came into the room. And we had a sincere conversation with him. I'm not sure how much he remembers. But it was an incredible feeling. But after we finished, he stood up, he went to the cupboard and grabbed three beers so we could share them. We had to run out of the house, because we knew he wouldn`t let us leave until we had had some. Walking home that night, I had a lot to think about. But the very distinct thought popped in my head, ¨Elder Haws, you saw him, and you saw how he just went back to who he was. That was because he didn't let me change him. Now are you going to let me change you?¨  That moment and revelation has taught me a lot about who I need to be. 

The rest of the week was mostly uneventful. Elder Fawcett and I got sick and were bed ridden while our companions went out and worked. That was the worst. It gave me a lot of time to think about life though. Why Im here on the mission, who I was before, and who I want to become during this time. We watched the documentary about Thomas S. Monson, his life is awesome. Ordinary but clearly prepared by God to be our Prophet. 

This week I studied Jacob 5. About the Lord of the Vineyard and his servants. We truly are in the last dispensation of earth. And the Lord truly is hastening his work. Our job is to do everything he asks, because he knows best. He knows his trees and he knows our potential. Trust in him. And believe him. 

Love ya`ll lots and lots.
Tootles

The mural says "I hug you in my mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment