Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy Christmas

Week 24 (December 26, 2016)




Well yesterday I talked to my family. And.. IT WAS SO GREAT. I love my family. 


This week was just full of activities, and eating Paneton(fruitcake), and listening to Christmas music with my white roommate comp. And giving Christmas to little kids in a poor town(:

This week started off, and we knew it was going to be a nightmare. Basically what happens here is people don't celebrate Christmas like we do in the states, but they act like it so they can get out of their responsibilities. Which includes having visitors! So instead of going and teaching, we did a lot more caroling. Christmas caroling as a missionary is cool, you're singing about the person you represent, and you can feel it! People here love music, so they were all open to hear some horribly sung Christmas carols by a bunch of white people on the sidewalk outside. Lol. (When I say people love it, it doesn't mean they're good at it.) But we caroled and it was cool. 

One of the highlights of the week for me was being to take toys and clothes to a small pueblito (village) about 2 hours away from Puno by bus. We pulled up to this little town and the biggest building they had was the school house. Everything else were just tiny houses made from adobe! We had a fundraiser the week before were we asked members to bring toys and clothes and to ask others to help too. We had a great turnout. People showed up from all over Puno. So we got permission from President to go to give them these toys. And it was sooo cool. 

The kids in the school

More kids

Me and my kid friends

Everyone gathered in the school yard. Everyone from the village to see us play with the kids, to give them something to be excited about. A lot of the kids had never seen a white person in their life, so they clinged onto all the Gringos. It was super incredible and being a representative of the Lord, Its cool to know he would do the same thing. 

Then Christmas came, on the 24th, and family from my stake came to Puno! The Augat family! That was super weird and awesome to see some people that I know from America. So they took us out to eat Pizza! 

The Augat family came to see me

Then Christmas day came. And I got to talk to my family. It was super weird to see them after 6 months. But It was super amazing. You learn a lot out here. And when you talk to your family you finally realize that. THE MISSION IS SUPER COOL. (and hard)  and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now. 

I love you all so much. Keep praying. Keep being cool

Our zone at Lake Titicaca

I sang in front of the Stake

No comments:

Post a Comment