Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Elder Haws 6 Months Down

Week 27 (January 16, 2017)

Elder Fawcett and I enjoying coke while we burn our ties

Hellllloooo everybody. This week I turned 6 months in the mission. I'm finally a big boy elder. Crazy things have just been happening all week long and it's been hard to keep track so I´ll make a list. 

1.) We found 2 old investigators who I haven´t been able to find for 4 months. That is a miracle because they are now progressing and coming to church. One is Kelly, she wants to be baptized but her parents won't allow it. The other is Grecia, she lives with her cousins. They have no parents and are all working and studying in the university. They are both awesome, and I hope they catch the spirit of the Lord.(: 

2.) We actually got some of the members to come with us to lessons! MIRACLE. 

3.) I have been harassed by more drunks this week than in my whole life. It's always fun to mess with them back though. This one guy stopped us and he was WASTED, absolutely wasted. So he asked us, ¨Do you guys know my mom Candelaria?¨ We said, ¨no... do you?¨ He laughed and said, ¨Youre Mormons right?¨
¨Yes¨ 
You believe in God right?¨ 
¨Yes¨ 
¨You believe in the Virgin of the Candelaria right?¨
¨.... you don't know much about us do you..¨ 
The guy claimed to be a Mormon and told us that he was faithful to the Virgin. Drunk guys rock. 

Our visits are picking up again, and people are starting to listen again now that the holiday season is over. 

I TURNED 6 MONTHS THIS WEEK. HOLY COW.

6 months ago I left everything I knew to serve these people. As hard as it can be sometimes, its the most rewarding thing in the world. 

Cool story,
A few weeks ago we got a call from a recent convert who´s wife was in the hospital, he was frantic and his wife was in bad shape from her pregnancy. ¨Elders get over here! My wife is in bad shape and she needs a blessing.¨  We hurried as fast as we could to the hospital, (these hospitals here are the sketchiest thing in the world.) We met up with them, and he asked us to give a blessing to her. She was in bad shape, she had a very high fever and a lot of pain. So she asked me to give the blessing, and we left. And we didn't see them since them. Last night we went and knocked on their door. He answered and told us to come in. Inside on the couch we talked with the two of them. They told me this, ¨Elder, as soon as you left the hospital my wife started to get better. Thank you for being a priesthood that can worthily use the priesthood.¨ What a cool experience that was! The priesthood is a real thing. We really do have the authority of God on the Earth again. 

Love you all soo much. See you later. 

Me and my friend Elder Bolduc


No comments:

Post a Comment