Monday, July 10, 2017

I'm a Potato

Week 49 (June 19, 2017)


Well, this week wasn´t the most eventful week I´ve ever had! We had to do changes in our zone and in Cusco for almost 2 days this week because there were so many missionaries changing areas! We had to take some new missionaries down to the sacred valley to show open their sector, poor sisters. Right now there are 22 missionaries in my zone! Its been really fun to have so many people! 

This week I got really really sick. I'm not sure from what. We went to the doctor to get me fixed and they told us that I had another infection. But I didn´t believe it because this one was worse than the last.  One day I woke up and I had absolutely no strength. I could barely move. I literally felt like a potato. I just sat there. It was fun. (NOT). I guess this is what happens when you serve in a place that’s so unclean. Haha. 

The next day I didn’t want to sit in bed anymore, so I experienced what it means to serve “with all my might, mind, and strength.” And I got to thinking what did that mean?? I think it means that no matter what you're going through, no matter what you feel like, you go out and you trust God to give you enough strength to make it through the day. 

DON’T WORRY MOM IM TOTALLY FINE NOW. 

We have 3 investigators that are super awesome! 

Terry! (22)
Terry is the coolest. He's 22 years old and he is studying to become a doctor. So he´s pretty smart! We´ve been trying to help him understand the restoration of the gospel. But for some reason, he just doesn´t feel the spirit of it. We even showed him the Joseph Smith movie, and he´s very slowly softening his heart. So we´re going to just move on and keep teaching him the lessons. 

Andronica. (14)
Andronica is Terry´s brother. One day we were teaching Terry and we noticed that from someone behind us was listening. We turned around and invited Andronica to listen to our message and she enthusiastically agreed. She's progressing the same as Terry! 

Mauricio. (14)
Mauricio is Terry and Andronica´s neighbor. This kid is an absolute stud and a half. He understands everything that we tell him. And almost never has a doubt. He does though have a hard time understanding the importance of our message and the fact that we have to act on the teachings of Christ! But he is a really really good kid! 

Well, that’s been my week! Kinda boring but that’s how it was! Also, we went paintballing today! 





Love you all so much! HAVE A WONDERFUL SEMANA. 

-Elder Haws

No comments:

Post a Comment