Sunday, July 16, 2017

The 4th of July; no pie, but a pizza

Week 52 (July 10, 2017)

HELLLLOOOOO PEOPLE. As you all know the 4th greatest day in the world has come and gone. But America is still here. As corrupt as the government might be, or the problems facing us. The land of the free is important because everything I love is there. AMERICAAAA. 



I met Brad Wilcox in the McDonalds here on the 4th as well so that was cool. 



This week has been so full of finding and finding and finding! We are looking for Gods elect. It's a difficult thing. But that's why I came here lol. Anyways we were knocking doors this week for like 25 hours in total. And we found basically nothing. Until we got to the top of my sector on Friday. And I had a very clear prompting to knock on a door. 

So I knocked and we waited. And knocked again. And waited. And knocked again. But no one came out. So we kept moving. Then after walking a few meters we heard the door open behind us and we saw a lady looking out and we ran back to talk to her! We gave her our little speech about being missionaries and how God loves her. She stopped us and told us "you know what, I believe you. But I think my son needs to talk to you". Surprised we waited for her to get her son. When he came to the door I was shocked and dumbfounded to see the Peruvian version of my little brother Dallin standing there. His name is Royer.  They let us in and we talked for a little bit with them in a room where their grandpa had died a week earlier. Royer was very shy and still sad about his grandpa. So we talked to him about the Plan of Salvation, and testified to him that his grandpa was in a good place talking to missionaries just like us and learning about the same plan.  And you could the see the difference in him by the end. So we made another time to come back and left! We´re hoping that he will feel God´s love for him and that he will accept the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 

We were talking also with our Investigator Pavel this week and he had a lot of doubts about the church. Which is never a good thing. We were so confused why he had so many doubts if he was progressing so well the week before. So we cleared them up for him and finished the lesson. 

But then came his cousin and we found the reason for the doubts. She starting throwing all this stuff at our faces. Why do the Mormons baptize dead people, why did Joseph Smith have so many wives, why do we need a prophet if we receive personal revelation. She had done her research. But there was one thing she lacked. Going to the real source. So I had to do something, we would testify but then she would ruin the spirit that we shared with her. So I realized it was go time and I pulled my bible out. And somehow I was able to open my bible and find all of the answers to her questions. They were scriptures I had never seen before. I knew the spirit was guiding my hands. And after that was done she was quiet. And finished by saying, "When can I talk with you guys?" That was a miracle I won´t forget. We have an appointment with her on Thursday. 

I know the church is true!!! The experiences I'm having are making me so much more refined as a child of God! I know He lives! 

Keep it real people! Also about the title of the email, we ate pizza almost every day this week. Woot.






No comments:

Post a Comment