Monday, August 14, 2017

The Teachers Are On Strike

Week 55 (August 1, 2017)

Well people this week has been quite uneventful. I have been trying to deal with changes here. But the teachers in Perú are striking for a raise. Its gotten pretty extreme, to the point where people are burning the buses we use the travel. So only recently are we starting to send missionaries off to their new sectors. Its been a pretty sketchy week for some of our missionaries here in Cusco. Keep us in your prayers! 

Amidst all the terror of the week I was in the bus terminal picking some missionaries up and sending one off, and someone stole my camera. I had no idea until we got into the taxi and I ran back inside to look for it. But it was long gone. Frick my life. 

So thats been my week, taking care of missionaries so they don`t get bored while waiting to travel. We`ve found a bunch of new people to teach though and we`re hoping that they progress! 


Also, Elder Uceda, a native Cusqueño came to our mission. He`s a member of the Presidency of the 70 and he is a very powerful servant of the Lord. He came and told us a lot of things. But I think the thing that stood out to me most of what he said was, "Si no están dispuestos a obedecer con exactitud, no estás a ser un dios". This stood out to me because it says a lot about our Father in Heaven. He is perfectly obediant. Whether it is to His father´s will, or his own goals. He is perfectly 100% obediant. And so is His son. Jesus Christ. Our goal goal as missionaries is to become like him, and to BE WILLING to sacrifice as he sacrificed for all of us.

We all have the opportunity to become like our Heavenly Father, but if we really want to be like him, we need to love him, and obey him. 

Love you all so much! Take it easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment