Tuesday, August 1, 2017

I'm Going Downhill Now

Week 53 (July 17, 2017)




Well, this week I burned one of my shirts to mark my one year in the mission. I cannot begin to describe how crazy it feels to be already at a year. It's nuts.

To be honest not a ton happened this week. But I´ll do my best to sum it up. 

We´re spending almost all of our time finding new people to teach. We´re trying to focus more on finding the people that God has called us to find. And it's been amazing to see God helping and guiding us to these people. We´re talking with families and knocking doors to find anyone. The people here in Cusco aren´t the most accepting people because they are so caught up in Catholicism. But that's been taking up our time. 

If there´s anything I could say to all of you back at home or in the mission is to trust in God at every stage of your life.

I was reading the talk about looking up and not looking around from general conference. I could feel that God was telling me to trust more in him. In my whole mission, I´ve trying to look up to God. But have been so easily "beset" (as Nephi would say) by sin.  I was reading in Mosiah about Abinadi and King Noah. I got to the part where Abinadi was about to be killed and he bore a solemn testimony against King Noah. And for just a moment, King Noah looked up. He believed what Abinadi was saying. And he wanted to change. He even thought about letting Abinadi go. But then the priests spoke up. And King Noah looked around. His gaze left the heavens. And he was once again caught by the world around him. 

Sometimes I think that we are too much like King Noah. And when the world comes at full force. We look around. We need to always look up! 

Typical passageway in the hills above Cusco



Zona Cusco

No comments:

Post a Comment