Sunday, October 1, 2017

A Good Week

Week 60 (Sept 4, 2017)



This week was a good week. 




Shoe shining. 
This week we had a shoe shining activity with the whole zone. We set up chairs on the sidewalks and we shined shoes for free to contact people. It was a super fun service project to find the elect of God. (Hay fotos)

Chapel Open House
We also had a church open house kind of activity this week on Saturday. It was fun, we gave tours to people who wanted to. Not a ton of people came but it was awesome for those who did. We had a class given by a member about The Godhead. Afterwards, we showed them the Baptismal Font, went upstairs and had a class about The Plan of Salvation, and then about the Restoration, and to end we showed them the Chapel and explained the sacrament to them. Then we had refreshments in the cultural hall. It was fun! 

David´s Baptism
FINALLY, DAVID GOT BAPTIZED. After having to cancel his date three times we got David to enter the waters of baptism and make covenants with his Father in Heaven. Not many people were physically present in his baptism, but I could feel there were many on the other side of the veil watching and rejoicing for David. (hay fotos) 




Changes
Well, I just finished my time in the Santiago Cusco Ward after being there for 7 and a half months. It was a great time where I learned a lot. Here´s one thing that I learned. Success doesn't come easily or sometimes at all. Most people in South and Central America usually can get baptisms pretty easily. In Cusco it's not really like that. The numbers are low and the people are uncommitted. It's really hard to find people who will actually take serious what you teach them. So as you can imagine it was really frustrating to not see the success I expected when I got here. I tried everything from setting high goals to completely trusting in the Spirit to guide what we did. But it was all the same. We found wonderful people, but their baptismal dates fell through. We contacted GOLDEN people, but we could never find them again. Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. But now looking back I see the good that actually happened. Maybe I did not see what I WANTED to see. But God helped me see what I NEEDED to see. 

In life we aren´t going to get what we want, sometimes even when we do everything we can to get it. But soon after we recognize that breaking our muscles down, only brings them back twice as strong. 










No comments:

Post a Comment