Sunday, October 29, 2017

Welcome to Sicuani

Week 61 (September 11, 2017)

Sicuani
Welllll everyone I'm officially in Sicuani. Its way different from Cusco.  There is like nothing here. haha. But there is a lot of people to teach so that's good! haha. 

Sicuani is pretty much the much smaller version of Cusco. There is one stake and 5 wards. (Two of the wards are pueblos that are an hour away) Its been a huge change but its also really cool to see how far I've come in the mission. 

We have some awesome investigators. My comps old comp didn't really like to put baptismal dates (don´t ask me why) so I got there and we have like 3 people with a date to get baptized. We´re having one this Saturday! 

The Big Turkey
My new companion´s name is Elder Pabon. If spelled with a ¨v¨ his name would literally mean, "Big Turkey." So of course I´ve been calling him that. 
He is from Bolivia and is a really really good person. He´s been through a lot of stuff in his life and has changed from his past. Its going to be awesome to get to know him more! 
He just finished his training so he´s still a greeny. Bu his trainer didn't really help out to learn much about missionary work. So I´m helping him out with that. We´re going to do amazing things here! 

There isn´t much to say or write about this week because we've just been meeting people, I´m trying to get the feel of the new sector and what we need to do to see miracles. We´re just going to keep working and pushing along. 

In my studies this week I´ve been reading in Alma. I read about Alma and Amulek. They were treated horribly and imprisoned. But they were faithful. I also was listening to a talk by Elder Neal A. Maxwell and heard a quote that I like a lot. 

"The cavity that suffering carves into our souls will one day be the receptacle of joy." 

Love you all so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment