Sunday, October 29, 2017

Fasting works

Week 64 (October 2, 2017)



Well this week was definitely a super trying week for me personally. But also saw some awesome miracles. 

We have an investigator named Sacett. She is 16 years old and has a very very firm belief in God. A while ago she was receiving the visits from the Elders, and she wanted to get baptized. But she went to a christian church youth camp where they talked bad about the Mormons. So she came back from her camp and REFUSED to get baptized. She had so many questions and even started rejecting the Elders visits. Well this week we found her. And convinced her to just visit with us one more time. 

So there was A LOT riding on this one appointment. If we taught with the spirit and convinced her of the truth she would stay, but if not, she wouldn´t ever find the truth. 

Nervously we met her at our church and started teaching. Well first we asked questions. We taught the restoration and she agreed to keep praying. (phew.) But she did not agree to another visit. (crud.) But we had hope. After lunch we decided to fast for her. I never really had a strong testimony about fasting. So I doubted for a little. But we did it anyway. The next day came and there was no call from Sacett. We finished our fast. Still no call. The sun went down. Still no call. We were actually super depressed. We though we lost her. Until one member of our ward found us and told us this.. "Elders I talked to Sacett today, and she told me that yesterday she had decided to attend another church. But then she met with you guys again and you convinced to come to church? And that she wants to meet with you again!"

HOLY FLIP FASTING WORKS. 
(that's what I wrote in my journal)

So we´re visiting and everything is great! 

Monday-I went to Cusco and loved my life. We went on a double-decker open roof tour bus.

Tuesday- We had a pathetic Ward Council

Wednesday- We did a whole lot of walking and little success

Thursday- Caught our recent convert, Nelly, ditching school. Had an appointment in the night time with her and she wouldn't read the scriptures or pray so that's chill. 

Friday- Taught a new investigator named Virginia. She was absolutely crazy but she´s the best!! Also started an English Class we had whopping 3 people come. PROGRESS PEOPLE. Also had a meeting with the bishopric. Made a TON of plans for the ward.

Saturday- You already know it was conference. And you know I watched it in English. You know Jeffrey R. made me cry. 

Sunday- Talked my comp out of going home, had MORE CONFERENCE. 

My week was super challenging. But God helped me out a lot to find out the person that I'm becoming and what I need to do better! I'm so grateful for a Savior. An older brother who knows and loves us. He suffered to know our pain and pay our way. There is nothing more precious in this life than to feel His love. I know He lives. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that he translated the Book of Mormon. Just read it. And you´ll know like I do, that life is just a test. And no test lasts forever. 













No comments:

Post a Comment