Sunday, September 11, 2016

I Can't Breathe (August 29, 2016)

Week 6



Well hello my dearest friends and family. Im not in the CCM anymore! Im in Puno!! A city that sits on the shore of Lake Titicaca. It's at about 12,500 feet above sea level. It's pretty different lol. 

Elder Haws in Puno


It's been a while since you all heard from me, so i'll just catch you up a little bit.

Last tuesday we traveled to Cusco!! I got a pretty pounding headache along with the rest of my Cusbros. We met the president and then we got to check into a hotel, order pizza, and sleep. That was fun.



Wednesday we met our new companions and found out where we were going to be serving for the next who knows how long!! My comp is Elder Diaz. Hes a native of Peru, so it's been interesting trying to learn how to do things in spanish. whoops. He's a nice guy, and it's hilarious to teach him english. Basically I've taught him how to say like 3 phrases.
1. Shut up man
2. I love Jesus
3. Hi welcome to Chili's
It's hilarious. 

Thursday we had an 8 hour bus ride to Puno, which was great to sleep. There was a bunch of weird british people on the bus with us. They thought the dogs were adorable..... gross..

Friday we started working!! I met our pensionista, her name is Chirley, she is the sweetest lady in the world. I love their family so much, even though we can't communicate super well! haha. We teach mainly less active people. Theres a lot of work to be done there. We have 4 investigators. Jimmy, Olga, Enrique, y Amparo. They're all really good people. 

Funny story. We were teaching Jimmy the Plan of Salvation when all of a sudden Olga walked into the room we were teaching in and she wanted to hear our message! So we started from scratch. Elder Diaz talked with her about stuff that I honestly couldn't understand. Then he looked at me to say something. I had a mini panic attack. So I just kinda stared blankly hoping that I would know what to say. We probably sat for 5 minutes not saying anything. Lol it was embarrassing but now its really funny. It got better and I figured out what to say eventually. Good times.

The mission as I'm finding out is not a walk in the park. It's not easy. But there's a quote by Elder Bednar that has lifted me this week. "I do not have the strength alone to be an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. Only with his help can I fulfill what he asks." I like to put the word missionary in there instead of apostle. I can't do this by myself. Some nights walking home after a long day. And I have no motivation to do anything more. I can feel an extra push. That push is Christ. That push is Him brushing me off, and telling me to keep going. 


I love you all so much and I miss you! Sorry it's not very long today! it's a busy day!


CCM Group





No comments:

Post a Comment