Sunday, September 11, 2016

Whats up friiiiiiends and fam(: (September 5, 2016)

Week 7

So. Week 2 of the field in the books. There´s so much that happens it´s impossible to write. haha. anyways.
Here in Puno, Peru. It is very hard to breathe at times.
The nights are very cold. and the people are very nice. Well a lot of them are. 

This week was pretty sweet. We had a dance festival. For some reason those are a thing here. But hey it was cool. Culture man. 

And also Puno has a street market that happens every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday called La Cochina. It´s like the D.I. dropped their unwanted stuff off there. So yeah it´s pretty freaking amazing((: I bought some of the most amazing ties you will ever see in your life on Thursday. 

I´ll just tell some stories now. 
This morning we were walking to our P-day futbol game. All was well, then all of sudden this older lady we were passing just stared at me like she had never seen a white person in her life. (There´s a lot of tourists here. and everyone wants to be white.) But she says to me, ¨Ohh. Hermanito blanco.¨ and she reached out a carressed my arm... Yeah weird. But that´s all(: it was great.

It´s funny to get so many people staring at you because you´re white and taller than half the population. 

Ya know everyday is full of just the smallest miracles. It´s really quite amazing. This week we were teaching a less active member in another member´s home. And lucky for us, the grandkids were home. It wasn´t a big problem, until one of the little girls decided she wanted to watch very loud obnoxious youtube videos on her mother´s phone. Mind you the videos were in english so my brain was translating the lesson and the video at the same time. Very difficult. anyways, The entire lesson we had to talk over these dang videos, because the little girl would throw a fit everytime they took the phone. So yeah as you can imagine I was a little frustrated! but typically, missionaries see miracles. We were going to say the closing prayer to the lesson, and for 5 minutes they tried to get the phone away from her. No luck. So we said whatever and asked our less active, Joseline, to pray. and as soon as she said the words, ¨Our Father in Heaven¨ (In spanish of course), 

Silence. 

There was absolutely no noise. No sound. No annoying youtube video. And as soon as we said, Amen. The little girl got up, walked to her room, and slammed the door. Almost as if someone had chastised her. 
You know little things like that will grow testimony like nothing else. 

There´s no other place I would rather be than here in Puno right now. Because I know I have a work to do. I know that miracles happen for reasons. And I know that no matter how hard this is, or no matter how much I can´t understand. One day I will be able to say, ¨I did that. That was hard, but I did that.¨ And I´m not doing it alone. Heaven is pushing me along. Jesus Christ is carrying me on his back. The work of heaven isn´t about me and my worry´s. It´s about eternity. 

Love you all dearly. Keep pushing through life(:

(sorry pictures won´t load today... double next week(: )

No comments:

Post a Comment