Sunday, September 18, 2016

I'm proud to be an American (September 12, 2016)

Week 9

To start off this week I would just like to say that America is the greatest country on earth. This week was 9-11 and I had some time to think about my home country. Really it´s the greatest. Being down here made me realize how much I took for granted back on US soil. God bless the USA.

This week was... interesting to say the least. Tuesday and Wednesday I got pretty sick. And was bed for both those days. Pretty bad luck. oh well(: Yeah those who are or have been missionaries knows what that is like. And it sucks. Way bad!!! 

So yeah I don´t have a ton of stuff to write about sorry fam. lol. 

This thursday and Friday I went on splits with my Zone Leader,  Elder Vance! He´s white. and it was so nice to be able to spend 24 hours with someone who I can understand!! Anyways, Thursday night Elder Vance took me up to the highest point in Puno, I swear by it, and we taught an investigator there. His name is Carlos. (keep in mind that he isn´t one of my actual investigators.) But Carlos has some.. weird ideas. We decided to read from Alma 32 about Faith. So we start and we have been reading and talking for a while, when all of a sudden he asks this, ¨How do you think Joseph felt when he found out Mary was pregnant?¨ 
..... Huh...? Yeah so we told him we could answer that later and went on with the lesson. but we never answered it. 
Then we get to the part of the lesson where we ask him questions about what we read. Somehow we got talking about the power of God versus the power of Satan... yeah weird.... He told us that he didn´t know if God was 100% perfect and if Satan was 100% bad... and sooo yeah we didn´t really want to stick around very long at all. So I bore a very sincere simple testimony to get rid of the bad feeling there. And we prayed and left. Yeah way cool fun times (: 

Every lesson is a new adventure!! haha. 

Im starting to adjust here. The air is so much thinner, the people are so much shorter, and the food is full of rice. But it´s a way good time. 

I know that God is 100% perfect, merciful, and good. I´ve seen way too many things to think otherwise. I know Christ knows each and every single one of us. I know that He´s coming back soon too. and we´re only getting the people of the world ready for it. 
I love you all and miss you dearly. Keep living, breathing, and loving(: 
Hasta luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment