Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Its a boy

Week 74 (December 4, 2017)



Welllllll another week has come and gone. time is flying. I have my son now. He´s so young and innocent. It's going to be a good few changes. 

Elder Mueras
Well, my son´s name in English is literally "kill yourself". People make fun of him all the time for that one. Elder Mueras is from Lima, Perú. He is a fresh 18-year-old kid. Ambitious for the work and likes to contact everyone, but doesn´t know how to do so I end up doing it haha. It´s a good time. He was born into the church and never went inactive so like us kids from Utah he doesn´t know a lot of things when they get to the mission. It's been fun to help him and see him start to figure stuff out. 



Monday- It was my birthday, so we went to 2 FHE´s and they all threw eggs on my head and smashed my face into the cake. 






Tuesday- I dropped E´Pabon off at the terminal and he left. Then later I spent the whole day with E´Bolduc. If you don´t remember E´Bolduc I was with him in Puno and we became like best friends so it was a fun day. 

Wednesday- I traveled to Cusco to pick up my son!!! We had a ton of trainings for the greenies and I fell asleep. But then we went and told people about the #LighttheWorld thing that the church is doing and handed out cards in the Plaza de Armas in Cusco. 

Thursday- We traveled back to Cusco and we got right to work. We visited a few people and it rained and at the end of the day, my comp was in shock. We had a good conversation about how to get through the mission. 

Friday- We had absolutely nothing on Friday. We contacted for a while and got rejected by everyone. But as we got farther and farther down the street I heard something tell me to turn around and go back. So as I´ve learned on my mission I obeyed. And I noticed that there was a house that we had missed. So we knocked the door. And waited for a while. But finally, someone came out. IT was young women named Danitza. She was willing to listen to us so we talked for a while. She told us we could go back so we set an appointment for this week. Maybe we´ll see a miracle there?? 

Saturday- Even less happened today. 

Sunday- We went to church and my son got to meet all the members and it was good for him to feel the support of the members and know that he has a family here. I realized how important members really are as missionaries in that moment. They aren´t just tools we use to teach with. But they´re really family for us here. 

Well, thats been my week. Its been a good one. And to be honest I haven´t had time to study anything this week so I´ll go all preachy next week. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. 






No comments:

Post a Comment