Sunday, March 18, 2018

Rekindling Faith

Week 88 (March 12, 2018)

This was a great week! Super spiritually recharging and fun. 

We started off a bit slow... Monday and Tuesday didn´t show any results. Wednesday we went to Cusco to have interviews with President. President told me that I didn´t have much time left. He´s trunky. But we came back to Sicuani and got right to work. We ended up finding a family to teach. Good find. They actually listened to the gospel before, and almost got baptized.. so we´ll see where that takes us!! Thursday we found even more new investigators. An old lady named Genoveva, and her grandson Erick. They are super catholic buuuuut, we invited them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. This week we are going back. Friday was a flop. But Saturday we had our Zone Conference with President Herrera. He basically just came and told the zone that we needed to find new investigators. He shared some scriptures with us, idk why but it was inspiring! Haha, after the conference my comp and I contacted like 16 people.

One of the things I´ve felt bad about is the fact that I haven´t been able to find very many new investigators. Neither have I put 100% into doing it. One of the biggest reasons for that was because I didn´t really have faith that we could find anyone. I haven´t had very much success here in  Sicuani, and its gotten me down. I felt discouraged, and I realized one day this week that, I didn´t have the spirit very strong with me.. I couldn't figure it out. But I realized I didn´t have the spirit because I was discouraged. Discouragement is a lack of faith. On my mission, I´ve realized the importance of faith, but also how hard it is to have it. I know its hard. But we should not doubt that the Lord will always provide. And move us along. If we are discouraged, we cannot advance. 

On Saturday and Sunday, we had a 70 come to stake conference named Elder Moscoza. He talked about being a light. He roasted the members for not doing missionary work. He said to the RMs "What makes you think that because you took your tag off you stopped being a missionary?" WHOA. That hit me hard, Once I take my tag off, I can´t stop doing the Lord´s work. Everyone who has served a mission has never stopped serving. I love that. 

2 Nephi 9
20 O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it. 

I love you all so much! see ya later

No comments:

Post a Comment