Sunday, March 18, 2018

Stranger Things

Week 84 (February 12, 2018)



This week has been a slower one. 

We have some people who are progressing, they´re the same people as before so don´t get too bored lol. 
Liliana is ready to get baptized this week!!! I´ve been teaching Liliana for my entire 6 months here. 6 flipping months. But something amazing has happened and she wants to be baptized. I couldn´t honestly tell you how or why. I just know that its been a miracle. 

Danery is doing great, her mom traveled out of town this week, and so we´re not going to be able to see her get baptized. Sad. But we visited her this week and she told us that she wants to get baptized. The young women made her commit to do personal progress. And she´s stoked. Its funny. 

Jorge, well its been an interesting week for Jorge. We had a lesson with him about Chastity. I won´t tell you all the details. But we learned this week something very interesting about Jorge. He told us, "When I started talking with you guys Ahlely told me that after a while I would be begging you to baptize me. I just laughed then, but now I realize that she was right." Unfortunatley Jorge will not be getting baptized this week, Im not sure when he will be baptized. But I know that the Lord has touched his spirit. And he knows the truth of the church and the Lord´s kingdom on earth. 

 well, I got sick for a day because of the change of the season, I had a fever and couldn´t go out to work so I took time to listen to some talks that I downloaded from Thomas S. Monson. In one of the talks, he talked about 3 things:

Choose your friends with CAUTION: In a world that's falling faster than we can rise, we need to have a group of people (mainly family) that will hold us and keep us from falling with it. I am SO GRATEFUL to have my family, and also my friends to help me do that.

Plan with a PURPOSE: As a missionary, I have learned the importance of planning. Life is so hectic that if we don't have a plan. We´re kinda screwed. We need to know what we´re going to do, and how we´re going to do it if we want to achieve anything. This week I learned something about that. On Friday we went to Ayaviri to see the baptism of a sister there. We had planned to go back to Sicuani right after the baptism was over. But the members there were very persistent in asking us to stay. So we stayed and played volleyball with them. So we made another plan. We planned exactly what time we would go back and we stuck to it. So we played and then we left. It was already dark out and the car wasn´t filling, Usually, when the car doesn´t get enough people to go, it  doesn´t leave. We were about ready to get out of the car when a bunch of people came and filled the car. We were in the back and a joven squoze right between us. We ended up talking to him the entire hour and a half ride. His name is Jose. And he travels every day from Sicuani to Ayaviri and back for his job. He was interested in the gospel and we took down his address to give to the other elders to find him when he has some free time. I know that if we hadn´t of made a plan, we probably would have stayed in Ayaviri and not have had the opportunity to talk with Jose. I know God guides his servants. Even though we may just think we are making the decisions.

Frame your life with FAITH: As I listened to President Monson talk about this I couldn´t help but think about my time in the mission. All the experiences I´ve had so far, and how far I´ve come. I feel like a big part of faith isn´t just a trust for the future but also a gratitude for the past. And recognizing that Christ really is there for us. Faith isn´t just knowing you can move a mountain but knowing that you´ve already done it. 

I love you all so much!!!! I studied 1 Nephi 22 this week, and I noticed the repetition of the promise that the righteous will be preserved. God wants us to be happy. And he knows that righteousness is the only way to that goal. "Wickedness never was happiness" 

See ya next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment