Sunday, March 18, 2018

Twas a good week

 Week 87 (March 5, 2018)

HI FAM AND FRIENDS. 

Well this week was actually a good one! Lots of spiritually uplifting things happened and I feel good! 

FIRST- I have to tell this first because I'm just so excited about it. On Friday this week, I got to travel to Santiago, Cusco (my old sector) and see Lucia, one of the people I found while I was there, get baptized. Before I left Santiago she had a baptismal goal, but she didn´t get to it. And 6 months later, she entered the waters of baptism. And I was blessed enough to go and see it. That was a testimony to me that our work is never in vain on a mission. We plant the seeds. 




SECOND- I´ve been heavily involved in playing the piano in the stake here in SIcuani the past two weeks, (didn´t see that coming did ya mom?) and I´ve been in rehearsals almost every single day. One of my favorite numbers we did was my own arrangement on "If You Could Hie to Kolob". E´Cutipa (ZL)  helped out on the violin. And a sister named Milagros sang. When we played it, the spirit was so strong (we played in a seminary kick-off). So the Stake President asked us to play in Stake conference. I'm also playing the piano for the primary, the Relief Society, and the Stake Choir. Its been good to get involved in music again. 

THIRD- One of our investigators finally committed to get married to his partner. FINALLY. We have to do the long process of marriage here.  Its ridiculous here haha. But we´re absolutely stoked for them!! 


I think one thing I learned this week is summed up in 2 Nephi 5: 6-34. In the sequence of these passages Nephi tells us a lot of things. He taught them to farm, build, fix, and keep the commandments of God. So many good things happened! 

27 And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of ahappiness.  (--- I love this scripture because its the one my brother shared with the families he taught when we went to pick him up in Chile.) 

And then in verse 34 he says...

34 And it sufficeth me to say that forty years had passed away, and we had already had wars and contentions with our brethren. 

Ok, so Nephi told us about all the wonderful things that he did with his people, the happiness felt. I dont believe that Nephi just forgot to leave out the part about the contentions and wars. I think he did it as a lesson for us. In life, we will see many wars and contentions, whether they personal or community wide or world wide. BUT IT WILL NOT HELP US TO DWELL ON THOSE THINGS. If we really want t o live after the manner of happiness, we aren´t going to talk about those bad things that happen so openly. We are going to focus on the good, see exactly what the Lord gives us, and then focus on how we can recieve more. It will do us no good to constantly be focused on, or talking about the bad things about others, or ourselves. I know this is true!! As a missionary that is the only thing that will keep you going. 

I love you all so much! See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment